Tuesday, March 3, 2009

3/03/09 - 11 miles

Tanner started baseball practice tonight. I went with him for a quick parents meeting and then practice was suppose to last 90 minutes or so. I figured this was a perfect opportunity to sneak in my run while my son was practicing. I haven't been able to run a medium or long run outside for quite some time due to either cold or darkness but the weather has been really warm and yesterday was even more so due to the cloud cover. It was dark but I ran on well-lit streets so I didn't have to worry about tripping over something or stepping in a hole.

It felt good to be outside and the time went by quickly. I have been feeling some discomfort in my right hamstring and tonight was no exception. I'm thinking I might have a pinched nerve that is causing this pain. Maybe a visit to the chiropractor is what I need. I'll see how it goes. I purchased some new running shoes last Saturday - I got the Nike Pegasus which are the same shoes I had previously. I really like these shoes because they have a wide width version which is much more comfortable for my feet. I ran the 11 miles in 1:28:55 which is an 8:05 pace and my average heartrate was 162 bpm.

No comments: