Wednesday, March 18, 2009

3/18/09 - 11 miles

I finally got a run in this week. We were very busy on Monday and Tuesday getting prepared for our trip to Mexico with our friends the Davis'. We arrived at their place at night early on Wednesday morning. Wednesday was spent enjoying the beach and the ocean but I knew I needed to try and get in a run. After a late lunch, I made up my mind to go. Mason suggested a course to take which was basically running along the beach. I had to run a little over a mile to reach a good beach that would be conducive to running. I then proceeded to run 4.5 miles along the beach. It was a little warm and the air was heavy and humid. In addition, the sand was soft which is great for my joints and knees but it made every step just that much harder. In spite of the difficulties, I had the most marvelous views without any distractions other than the occasional seagull. It was very peaceful and serene. My pace was slower than I planned but I attribute it to the sand and the warmer weather. I ran the 11 miles in 1:39:37 which is a 9:03 pace and my average heartrate was 170 bpm.

No comments: