Saturday, March 28, 2009

3/28/09 - 20 miles

My final 20 mile run before the marathon. I ran the 2 previous 20 mile runs on the treadmill so I wanted to get outside for this run. I got up around 6 am and ate a couple granola bars and drank some Gatorade before heading out. I ran north along the canal banks for 5 miles and then turned around and return to my starting point where I left a couple bottles of Gatorade. I then completed the same loop. I ate 2 shot bloks at mile 7 and then ate a clif shot at mile 14. I carried Gatorade during the run and drank a swallow or two every mile or two. I felt really good during the first 15 miles. The last 5 miles I started to feel the distance and my right leg again began to act up. I am going to a massage therapist next week and I'm hopeful that I can get some relief from this pain so I can perform better in the marathon. I ran the 20 miles in 2:51:18 which is an 8:34 pace and my average heartrate was 162 bpm.

No comments: