Saturday, March 14, 2009

3/14/09 - 17 miles

I chose to run at the gym this morning even though I would rather be outside. My schedule called for a 17 mile run with 14 miles at marathon pace. I warmed up over the first 3 miles starting at an 8:34 pace and gradually increasing until I was running at an 8:00 pace at the start of mile 4. I ate 2 shot bloks 15 minutes before my run, 2 more at mile 6, and 2 more again at mile 12. Although I like the shot bloks, I think I am going to use GU for this marathon as I think it does a better job at getting into my system plus the taste doesn't stay in my mouth as long. I felt a little tired during this run which might be from running late last night. I ran the 14 miles in 2:17:56 which is an 8:06 pace. I'm concerned that I won't get to run much next week because our family is going to Mexico for spring break. I hope to at least get in a couple runs and then hit it really hard the following week.

Total mileage for the week: 51 miles

No comments: