Monday, March 9, 2009

3/09/09 - 8 miles

Thankfully I think I am past this illness which has plagued me for the past couple weeks. It hit the hardest on Friday and Saturday which prevented me from training. I can still feel the effects of the illness especially in my lungs but I'm definitely on the mend. I only have 3 more weeks before I begin my taper into the marathon so I am committed to working hard and getting in the best shape possible.

I ran at the gym tonight after family night which consisted of us attending Tanner's tournament basketball game (they won btw). It felt really good to run after not doing any form of exercise for several days. However, after a couple miles, I could feel the effects of being sick and it was a struggle to complete the run. I stuck with it though and completed the 8 miles in 1:06:14 which is an 8:17 pace.

2 comments:

Cherilee said...

Oh my gosh you are awesome! I know I could have never pulled a time like that after being sick. Way to go!

Bonnie said...

I am glad that you are better and I can't believe what true grit you have to run even though you didn't feel very good. I need to read this blog more often.