Friday, March 20, 2009

3/20/09 - 8 miles

I had planned to run on Thursday but the day went so nicely that I quickly ran out of sun light. The town of Puerto Lobos has no electricity other than generator so it would have been very difficult to run after dark. I ran the same course as on Wednesday but just shortened it a bit. This felt like a good run at a good pace but when I checked my pace, I was surprised by how slow I had gone. Either I'm eating way too much junk on this trip or the sand is having a bigger impact that I realize. I guess I'll know better once I get back home and run. I can't complain about the scenery and the quiet sounds of the ocean. Today's run was more relaxing and enjoyable. I ran the 8 miles in 1:11:47 which is an 8:58 pace and my average heartrate was 162 bpm.

No comments: