Tuesday, December 9, 2008

12/09/08 - 5 miles

Weather was a bit cooler tonight and I wasn't able to start my run until after 7 pm. Temperature was probably in the 50's but it still felt great. I pushed the pace again tonight and could feel the effects of running on back-to-back days (which I haven't done for a few weeks). I felt like I had slowed considerably on miles 4 and 5 but I actually held my pace very good for the entire run. I finished the 5 miles in 37:31 for a 7:29 pace. Every mile was either just above or just below my average pace (no big swings) which is something I have struggled to find outside of the gym. Again, felt great after finishing the run and was able to have a good stretch afterwards.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I admire your tenacity. I wondered if you would ever run another marathon again after the first one was so grueling. I thought that maybe you'd just settle for shorter runs after you met your goal of running in one. I'm excited that you are coming to Salt lake for a Marathon, though.