Wednesday, December 10, 2008

12/10/08 - 4 miles

Another good run tonight and I'm getting excited about the upcoming training sessions although I know how grueling they can be. However, I also know how necessary the long runs are in training your body to be ready for the marathon distance. The weather felt colder tonight but I think temperatures were in the low to mid 50's. I felt really good throughout the run and my breathing was much better. I'm going to start wearing my heart rate monitor again so I can track that better but I can get a pretty good idea from my breathing. I ran the 4 miles in 29:57 for a 7:30 pace. My last mile was a 7:08 and I felt really refreshed after finishing. I stretched afterwards which always feels good. I need to do better about eating or drinking some protein after my workouts. I think I'll try to come up with a couple tasty protein drinks that I can blend up quickly.

No comments: