Saturday, December 13, 2008

12/13/08 - 10 miles

I had some real apprehension about this run since I haven't run anything longer than 8 miles since the marathon. I couldn't start my run until 11 am due to our ward Christmas party but fortunately, the temperature was still in the comfortable range (mid 60's). I felt strong as I started out and I was pacing strong until mile 4 when I began to feel some discomfort on the outside part of my left knee. I felt this same pain during the marathon but only one time since and that was about a week later. However there might be a problem that I need to address medically but I plan to wait first and see how I feel next week. The pain progressively got worse so I backed off my pace which seemed to be the only way to get some relief. Otherwise, the run felt really good. I ran the 10 miles in 1:24:01 for a 8:24 pace and my average heartrate was 170 bpm.

Total for the week: 28 miles

No comments: