Monday, December 29, 2008

12/29/08 - 8 miles

We had dinner on Sunday night with the Andersons way out in Peoria. Allyson is Camille's friend from many moons ago and it was good to spend time with them and catch up on all the happenings. Dinner was very good but very bad for you nutrition-wise. Lots of pasta and sauces - Allyson's husband Vance served his mission in Italy so we were really treated to some excellent food. We got home late and then Camille and I stayed up even later talking and watching some television.

In other words, I was very tired this morning and didn't really feel like running at all. However, I forced myself to the gym and suffered through it. I'm sure it will all pay off in the end but I just wanted to go back to sleep for several hours. I ran the 8 miles in 1:04:56 for an 8:07 pace. Not bad all things considered. The kids are still off this week from school so I will continue to run in the mornings which usually means on the treadmill. I really don't like the cold weather and I like running in cold weather even less.

No comments: