Saturday, February 14, 2009

2/14/09 - 15 miles

I didn't get to the gym until after 11 am today as Camille and I attended the temple this morning. After we got home, I had arranged for a Valentine's Day surprise for Camille - Caitlin McGrath and a friend of hers came to our home with flowers which they presented to Camille. Then they sang a few lines from a love song. They did a great job and Camille loved it. So after all that, I was able to get to the gym for my run.

Today's run was 15 miles with 12 of the miles at marathon pace. I ran the first two miles at an 8:34 pace to get warmed up. I then increased my pace to my expected marathon pace of 8:00 for miles 3 - 14. I felt really good during the run although I did get a little bored the last couple miles. I slowed back to an 8:34 pace for the final mile. Overall, I ran the 15 miles in 2:02:02 which is an 8:08 pace. I drank 6-8 ozs. of Gatorade every 30 minutes. I felt good after the run and throughout the remainder of the day.

On a related note, I really need to get to the store and purchase some new running shoes. I have had this pair since September 13th of last year and it is way past time to get a new pair. I have really been happy with the fit of these shoes so I'm hopeful I can find the same model.

Total mileage for the week: 47 miles

No comments: