Tuesday, February 24, 2009

2/24/09 - 10 miles

My schedule called for a 12 mile run with 7 miles at half-marathon pace. In addition, our ward had a stake tounament basketball game at 8 pm. So I headed to the gym albeit later than I had anticipated. I ran the first 2 miles at an 8:34 pace and then pushed my pace to a 7:30 pace for the next 7 miles. I could feel the effects of being sick during this run and the last mile at half-marathon pace was tough. But it was good to feel pushed to accomplish this run. I slowed my pace to 8:34 for the next mile. I had plenty of energy to finish the final 2 miles but I was out of time if I wanted to make the basketball game. I justified not finishing with the thought that I would be running a fair amount during the game. I ran the 10 miles in 1:19:12 which is a 7:55 pace.

BTW - I did run a lot in the game but we lost which ends our season.

No comments: