Monday, February 23, 2009

2/23/09 - 6 miles

I spent most of yesterday resting and on cold medicine trying to get over the cold that had enveloped my body. My family has been sick for the past couple weeks so I figured it was only a matter of time. However, I don't want to mess up my running schedule since my training has been coming along nicely.

I was happy to run outside tonight. The weather has turned a warm and much too early. I'm hopeful that this is just a warm spell that will pass and we will have several more weeks of cool weather. If not, I am thankful that I don't have to deal with snow and really cold weather.

My run tonight was pretty uneventful. While I was running, I came across a tennis ball around mile 3. I picked it up and carried it the rest of the run. I wondered what people who passed me in their cars thought - maybe this was some technique to help you run faster? Who knows but it did give me something to think about while I ran. I ran the 6 miles in 47:48 which is a 7:58 pace and my average heartrate was 162 bpm.

No comments: