Tuesday, February 3, 2009

2/03/09 - 12 miles

I got a late start on my run this evening due to Tanner's pinewood derby race tonight. He came in 5th place but I was proud of his great attitude in spite of not winning. I headed to the gym to run due to the darkness although the outside temperature was still in the 60's. My run was pretty uneventful - I watched another SEC basketball game (I really don't enjoy that type of game but it was either that or hockey). I focused on trying to make sure my running posture and stride were good. I eased into the run by running the first 3 miles at a 9:04 pace and then picking it up to an 8:34 pace during mile 4 and then to an 8:20 pace for the last 3-4 miles. My total time for the 12 miles was 1:43:22 which is an 8:37 pace. I drank a little water around mile 6 and felt great throughout the run. I really enjoyed stretching afterwards since I get a bit tight after a medium run like this.

No comments: