Wednesday, January 7, 2009

1/07/09 - 10 miles

I had a good run this evening on the treadmill. I keep thinking I'll run outside but it is either too dark or too cold so I am content to run indoors for the next little while and try to sneak an outdoor run whenever I can. I focused more on my heartrate tonight and was successful in not pushing the pace. My heartrate stayed in the 150's for most of the run although it did get into the low 160's the last mile or so. I ran into a small problem at about mile 5. My right sock developed a hole on my Achilles so the shoe was rubbing on bare skin. This quickly began to irritate the skin and started bleeding. I had to stop 4 or 5 times during the remainder of my run to adjust my sock and shoe in an effort to minimize the damage. Fortunately, I only have a small cut which should heal quickly. I ran the 10 miles in 1:27:20 which is an 8:44 pace.

No comments: