Saturday, January 24, 2009

1/24/09 - 12 miles

I had a good run today although I was completely bored which made the run seem much longer. The weather outside was gorgeous so I ran to the gym (2 miles) and then ran 8 miles on the treadmill before running the 2 miles back home. I usually have a basketball game to watch while on the treadmill but I got to the gym before 9 am and there are no games on until 10 am. So the time seemed to drag a bit even though I felt pretty good throughout the run. I ran the 8 miles on the treadmill at an 8:34 pace and ran the 4 miles outside in 33:19 for a total time of 1:40:51 which is an 8:24 pace. I did feel a little stiff initially as a result of my "hurry up" run from the day previous but everything loosened up and there were no other pains or aches of significance. I carried a bottle of water with me to the gym and drank it all during my time on the treadmill.

Total for the week: 37 miles

No comments: