Monday, January 12, 2009

1/12/09 - 9 miles

I had no desire to run this evening. I got home from work and ate dinner with the family. Afterwards, we had family home evening where we discussed 2009 goals as individuals and as a family. I was more than ready to get under a blanket and read my Runner's World magazine or watch Sports Center. However I knew I would regret not going so I pushed myself out the door to the gym. Chase accompanied me since he wanted to go and lift weights.

My schedule had a tempo run for tonight and I really didn't think I could push myself. At least I had the treadmill to force me to run at a good pace. I ran the first 3 miles at an easy 8:30 pace and then the next 4 miles at a 7:30 pace and then finishing the final 2 miles at an easier 8:20 - 8:30 pace. The last couple miles seemed to take forever since I was ready to be done. I felt pretty good on all parts of the run with no pains or problems to report. I ran the 9 miles in 1:12:45 which is an 8:05 pace. No idea on the heartrate but I didn't feel out-of-breath so I imagine it was okay but not fabulous. Hopefully, I will feel more motivated with the rest of my runs this week.

No comments: