Thursday, January 29, 2009

1/29/09 - 11 miles

Almost didn't get this run in today. I am coaching Tanner's basketball team and we have practice on Thursday evenings from 7 - 9 pm. I had thought I might be able to get away from work a little early and run before practice. Unfortunately, I didn't leave work until almost 5 so I knew that I wouldn't have time to complete my run before practice. I settled on running at the gym after practice beginning at 9:30 pm. So I didn't finish my run until 11 pm. The good part about this is the gym is pretty much vacant so there are no distrations and I can just focus on running. The bad part is it's 11 pm!

I did feel really good during and after the run. I drank about 16 ounces of Gatorade - half at 4 miles and the other half at 8 miles. I paced at a nice easy pace before picking it up during the last 4 miles. I ran the 11 miles in 1:34:02 which is an 8:33 pace but I don't know what my average heartrate was during the run. But it felt about right; in fact, I felt afterwards like maybe I didn't push it hard enough which for me means that it was probably the correct pace.

2 comments:

Cherilee said...

Dedication is everything! It is worth it in the end that's for sure and what I think is neat is that you spent time with your son in his needs and he will remember that rather than the run.
Hey, your times are awesome, sounds like to me we are going to have a Boston qualifier soon. 8 minute mile is just around the corner. Keep it up!

Cherilee said...

I forgot to tell you good luck in your race tomorrow!