Tuesday, January 27, 2009

1/27/09 - 10 miles

Mentally, I was not prepared for my run this evening. I just couldn't get into it for whatever reason. I think part of it was the lack of sleep the night before due to my oldest son informing us at 10:30 pm that he had a paper due the next day and he hadn't done much on it yet. So I stayed up editing and offerring suggestions which made for a late night. In any case, I was lacking in my motiviation but I knew I needed to run.

My run called for 10 miles but 5 of those miles were suppose to be at half-marathon pace. I had planned to take an easy 2 miles to the gym, warm up on the treadmill with another easy mile and then pound out 5 hard miles on the treadmill before taking an easy 2 miles back home. Instead, I found myself going hard on the 2 miles to the gym so I figured I would just go with it and do the 5 hard miles at the beginning. As it was, I ran the 2 miles to the gym in 15:23 and did an additional 4 miles on the treadmill at a 7:30 pace. I ran 2 more miles on the treadmill at an 8:34 pace and then cruised home running the final 2 miles in 16:47. My totals for the 10 miles were 1:19:18 for a 7:55 pace. My right hamstring felt a little tight this evening especially when I was running a quicker pace. I tried to stretch it really good afterwards and I'm hoping it's nothing serious.

No comments: